Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BOOOYAAA BUSAN!!!

One of my first memories from our Busan weekend was the train ride out. There was a little girl sitting in the seat in front of us, who kept poking her head back on the top and both sides, laughing and smiling at us. When we tried to talk to her she shyly ducked her head quickly, only to reappear moments later. Mrs. Ladybug and I were talking to ourselves, looking up phrases in my book, finding things to say to the little girl, when we whispered, “I wonder how you ask how old she is”, and she piped up immediately, with, “I am six years old”! she was the cutest little thing, but we didn’t get much else out from her aside from her name… Kim Myong gu (ju).
On to Haeundae beach… all I can say is, HOLY MOLY. Imagine a fairly large beach by any standards, completely packed, jammed full of umbrellas to the point where the sand is all but gone. With our fantastic luck, we just so happened to arrive at Haeundae at the opening weekend of the sea festival. As one of Korea’s biggest beach attractions, on opening weekend, believe me when I say, it was busy☺. We caught up on some sun (as if we don’t have enough up here). I myself grabbed a little sleep on the beach, and a little bit of cloud gazing- c’mon, when was the last time you did some good old fashioned cloud gazing? The winner of the day in my mind was a monkey in a samurai hat looking at a crystal ball hehehehe!
That night brought us some delicious Japanese food. although we were originally looking for an all you can eat sushi place (an endless platter type of restaurant), we settled for the first Japanese place we found (because it took us about 20 minutes to do so)… and we were not at all disappointed, me least of all- seeing as how I ate the most. Then we decided to walk it off for a bit. Wandered around the downtown shopping, hopscotched around some bars- didn’t drink anything, and wound up back on the beach just in time to catch a live concert and an amazing (must’ve been 4 or 5 songs long) fireworks display!!! The concert was pretty good, except at times we were the only ones cheering… seriously, out of the thousands of people on the beach, at times, we were just those crazy Americans clapping or anything, it was kinda weird… but a lot of fun. Finally, we returned home to our hotel that took us about an hour to find, on account of busan being so darn packed all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment