Monday, July 27, 2009

Tangential Story

As some of you may know, I had to get a physical for my upcoming study abroad in Japan. Getting there the first time was no big deal. In fact it was rather lucky. As luck would have it, tommy, one of the SAS staff, who I work with, also had to get a physical and after being invited… by Trevor, I tagged along right after work that day! The actual story comes when I had to go back for part 2, hearing tests, and results. I got there okay again, no problem, all by my big boy self ;). The hard part came from trying to get home!
I got into my taxi, asked the driver for “camp walker” which he repeated back to me… kinda. Then off and on our way… or so I thought. With my thorough knowledge of Daegu, it took me 10 minutes to realize we were lost. I should’ve realized as soon as the fare went over the amount it took me to get to the hospital in the first place. Anyway, I ended up being taken out into the country, a $20 taxi ride, (I could’ve probably gotten out for free because he felt bad, but I felt bad too and somehow ended up paying him 15 dollars for his time…) the only way I managed to get back was by borrowing the driver’s phone to call Mr. Kim from the CAC, who I have become familiar with, due to my daily visits to mooch off of their internet. He’s my new go to guy in situations of chaos- he told me to call him if I’m ever about to get into a fight, “he’d talk them out of it”. Cool guy, we’re actually going to take them out to dinner sometime this week! Turns out I went to “chilgook”… some school in the Gwak hae dae area. But the driver hooked me up so I never get caught in that situation again- now I have a card with the Korean directions and name of Camp Walker!
Oh, by the way… I could’ve sworn I saw uncle pete the other day hahahahaha. Looked just as grumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment